• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 1, 2020

    The Sims Monthly Megathread: What PC/Laptop - Expansion/Game/Stuff Pack should I get?

    The Sims Monthly Megathread: What PC/Laptop - Expansion/Game/Stuff Pack should I get?


    Monthly Megathread: What PC/Laptop - Expansion/Game/Stuff Pack should I get?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:00 PM PST

    Greetings, everyone! New month, new thread.

    To help keep these sort of preference/advice seeking posts to a minimum and facilitate better discussion, let's keep questions and comments about which EP, GP, SP, DLC, PC or laptop here in one place. We've also found a [helpful in-depth post on Sims Community](https://simscommunity.info/2020/04/24/the-ultimate-guide-what-pack-for-the-sims-4-should-i-get/) that can help with your decision too, based on what you're interested in.

    Is it worth it?

    Here is a collection of megathreads created after many of the pack releases (sorted newest to oldest):

    Journey to Batuu

    Nifty Knitting

    Eco Lifestyle

    Tiny Living

    Discover University

    Realm of Magic

    Moschino Stuff

    Island Living

    Strangerville

    Get Famous

    Seasons

    My First Pet Stuff

    Jungle Adventure

    Laundry Day

    Cats & Dogs

    Fitness Stuff

    Toddler Stuff

    Parenthood

    Bowling Stuff

    Vampires

    Vintage Glamour

    City Living

    Backyard Stuff

    Kids Room

    Dine out

    Romantic Garden

    Movie Hangout

    Get Together

    Spooky Stuff

    Cool Kitchen

    Spa Day

    Perfect Patio

    Luxury Party Stuff

    Get To Work

    Outdoor Retreat

    For computers and laptops, it might be better to head over to a sub that specializes in those recommendations, such as /r/SuggestALaptop, /r/buildapc, or /r/buildapcforme. You can still ask here, they are just *way* better equipped to answer those questions. However, we recognise that these subs may be overwhelming or difficult to navigate for those who don't know much about computers. We are always looking for more accessible guides to help you guys out. One of our community members, /u/iOui has done just that, and created some Sims specific youtube guides to help with purchasing your next computer so you can enjoy The Sims. You can go check out her videos here: http://youtube.com/OuiSims

    If you check over on EA AnswersHQ forum you can also find [this page](https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Make-sure-you-meet-minimum-requirements-PC-Mac/m-p/6420780#M102196) which outlines the minimum system requirements.

    Another option is to plug your PC specs over at [Can You RUN it] (https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri) or [PC Gaming Benchmark](https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/) or just search "will my PC run it" in Google for other options.

    Threads asking this question outside of this post are likely to be removed to reduce over-saturation within the sub (see rule 8!)

    Happy simming, happy window-shopping, and happy upgrading!

    submitted by /u/roseetgris
    [link] [comments]

    ��

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:23 PM PST

    That's enough gaming for me today.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 12:02 AM PST

    [sad sul sul sounds]

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 12:01 AM PST

    I saw this and couldn't agree more.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 12:50 AM PST

    Why I love first person mode

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:16 PM PST

    Just some encouragement for your Monday night

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:54 PM PST

    I made these tiny caravans for a Spellcaster. What do you think?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:57 PM PST

    I recreated The Eastern Air Temple from Avatar: The Last Airbender without CC! It's furnished for up to 8 Sims and is playtested! Video up on my Channel as well as the build on Origin ID: SatiSim. Hope you like it!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:21 AM PST

    More like $39.99, $19.99, or $9.99...

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:11 PM PST

    Vintage Fall Town created in a 64x64 lot. My biggest build so far in The Sims over 3days to build. There are 10 little buildings in this town and I am so pleased with how it looks. Let me know what you think, I could only show so much within screenshots.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 01:37 AM PST

    my aussie christmas sand globe, complete with floating “”shrimp”” ����

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:14 PM PST

    Too old to play The Sims?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:27 PM PST

    Does anyone else's parents belittle them for playing The Sims? My mom is very critical of me playing. I'm 26, have two kids (five and one), and live in my own home. Whenever my mom comes over and sees my laptop on with The Sims loaded up, she will tell me "you're too old for that game. You shouldn't have time to play on your laptop, you have kids and a house to take care of." It annoys me so much, because my house and children are taken care of. I play in my spare time, when both kids are asleep, or when my oldest is at school and my youngest is napping. Her husband is in his 40's, and he has an Xbox. When I mentioned that to her she said "yes but he works full time and has a mortgage - why shouldn't he have time to wind down?" I have been off work since March. My maternity leave ended in late March and I worked in a pub. Corona happened and it's been closed ever since. Even so, me not working now means I can't do something in my own time to wind down? She was very critical of my youngest child's dad having an Xbox too. He works full time, and lives with his parents. So in theory, anyone that isn't her husband shouldn't have a gaming device. I don't do anything but take care of my kids, my home, and play the Sims. I don't go out anywhere. Are anyone else's parents/relatives/friends like this?

    The other day when she came round and made a comment about me playing the game, my response was "well you have your Botox and I have my Sims". She didn't seem to like that very much

    submitted by /u/RevolutionaryCamel81
    [link] [comments]

    I made one of those gentrified restaurants where the burgers are $13 and fries are extra

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:15 AM PST

    Don't mention the pools ��

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 12:50 AM PST

    This is the way

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:02 PM PST

    I was today years old when I learnt cats will hop their way up the fountain by the vet clinic in Brindleton Bay! Awfully cute.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 12:53 AM PST

    Guys this is the most beautiful sim I've ever done in my whole life

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:19 PM PST

    This is hands down the coolest lot to build in

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:22 PM PST

    When a townie comes over in a bad mood

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 12:11 AM PST

    Japanese house plans?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 03:38 AM PST

    Hey everyone, since I recently bought Snowy Escapes, I'm trying to build some Japanese houses.

    I'm struggling with the layout though. Do you know of any websites that have some Japanese style home plans that I can use as a reference?

    submitted by /u/maupflz
    [link] [comments]

    Chad Vlad? Chad Vlad!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:45 AM PST

    a Parisian apartment building with 6 separate apartments! gallery ID: alfiefl

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:36 AM PST

    I am honestly quite bothered that sims don't actually nap UNDER the kotatsu. Whyyyyyyyyy??

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:16 AM PST

    Shoutout to this townie for ruining my wedding photos

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:59 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment