• Breaking News

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    The Sims Going through some old photos and finding a relic from Christmas 2005. What a time to be alive!

    The Sims Going through some old photos and finding a relic from Christmas 2005. What a time to be alive!


    Going through some old photos and finding a relic from Christmas 2005. What a time to be alive!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    Its no create-a-style, but I want it back :(

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    Every time LGR reviews Sims stuff...

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    my sims been popping out guitars and violins left and right ever since the eco lifestyle update

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Got bored, made more graphs for the like to dislike ratio of every Sims 4 DLC trailer on YouTube

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    My sim after mastering the dancing skill but they're also becoming a Jedi.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    I think this is what probably happened

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    Sim me! If you squint your eyes and turn your head left a bit, it doesn't look to bad.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    ��

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:02 AM PDT

    Therapist: Low poly squirrel in The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat is not real and can't hurt you. My sims game:

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    Ophelia Manor, a home worthy of the Goths | Gallery ID JimothySimothy

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    innit luv xx

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    This year is amazing.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:53 AM PDT

    EA: "Make your own story!"

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    I think one of the main reasons long-time simmers who came from previous games are so disappointed with TS4 (like myself), is that EA didn't develop TS4 as a life simulation like the previous games... Instead, they essentially built it as a dollhouse where we are expected to control EVERYTHING in order to "tell a story".

    It's been in the game's marketing campaigns since the beginning. "Tell your story". The game is full of set dressings (the closed-off worlds) and sims with no personality. We're given plenty of CAS assets and new build/buy objects to use in every pack, and then we're forced to basically use our imagination with it and "make our story" with the stuff they give us.

    That form of gameplay might be fine to people with a lot of imagination, but for people like me, I expect my sims to tell their own story. Will Wright's vision with TS1 was that you would give your sims houses and objects and friends, and you could sit back and watch their lives unfold. It was expanded even more in TS2 where your sims had genuine personalities, wants, fears, memories, and actual depth to their relationships with others. TS3 continued this while also giving us open worlds.

    TS4 however took away all of that depth and gave us a dollhouse instead where we have to tell our sims what to do at all times. If we want drama, we have to make it up ourselves. The sims in TS4 no longer tell us if they're attracted to someone specific, they don't tell us if there's a particular career they want to focus on, they don't tell us if they want to move or quit their job or break up with their partner. It's all up to us. And that's boring.

    I've bought all of the packs for TS4 up to Eco Living, and I think I'm done for a while. Every time I open up my game, I just get bored immediately because I know that I'm expected to decide on everything for my sims and "make my own story". But "making your own story" adds no element of surprise to the game and makes it so damn predictable. I've been so hesitant about going back to TS2 or TS3 as my main Sims game for a while because I've spent so much money on TS4 and I wanted to give it a chance. But to be honest, I'm tired of being disappointed by it.

    submitted by /u/LovegoodSwift
    [link] [comments]

    currently obsessed w/ putting my ts4 sims in early 2000s inspired fashion

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    family portraits! <3

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    Keeping it simple

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    Jesus Christ, isn’t that a bit much?? O.o

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    Its always so sad to see Sims divorce, die, etc but it’s so good for drama

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:08 AM PDT

    I made TS2 CAS screen for TS4, along with 5 new objects!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    I’ve never seen a sim fall asleep while watching TV �� this tickled me

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    I've created my version of Grunts backstory using TS4!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    [Sims 3] Ever wanted to see Skyrim Werewolves do the Smustle dance?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    A Masterpiece

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:47 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment