• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 28, 2020

    The Sims Just to flex on y'all sims 4 players

    The Sims Just to flex on y'all sims 4 players


    Just to flex on y'all sims 4 players

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 02:44 PM PST

    Oh, my mistake!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 09:25 PM PST

    I gave some of the premade CAS sims a makeover! I didn't change their features at all, just added skin details + makeup. It was pretty fun!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 09:39 AM PST

    I love adding family photos to walls to make gameplay feel more meaningful and to make the house more homey! So cute

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 01:05 AM PST

    I used the platform tool for the first time, and I made this cozy bedroom/livingroom! Even though there are bugs, I’m very happy they gave us this tool.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 02:49 AM PST

    I can finally build a decent home theater thanks to the platforms!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 09:26 PM PST

    Brandi has had enough

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 08:31 PM PST

    I don't think we'd bring the pitchforks around here but still funny

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 11:52 AM PST

    Three birthdays and a funeral

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 02:42 PM PST

    My attempt at building the house of the Incredibles!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 07:58 AM PST

    Drew a Christmas portrait of my current Sims 4 Legacy family!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 11:29 PM PST

    juan

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 11:44 AM PST

    8hrs later and progress has been made. 3 buildings are furnished so far and still many hours/days to go.. I am loving my biggest build yet.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 04:02 PM PST

    Here's a 5 Bed 4 Bath Japanese mansion I've been working on for the past week or so. You can check it out in the gallery under the name "Japanese Mountain Mansion" , my gallery user @mugsims, or the tag #mugsims ! I hope you enjoy!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 11:52 AM PST

    My weekend plans

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 02:02 PM PST

    Took this earlier this week. Being it's the day after Thanksgiving, I figured now would be a better time to upload it here.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 02:44 PM PST

    come at me all you want, but no one can say that the sims 4 doesn't lack this type of interactions. Sure, adults can read to toddlers but reading *with* toddlers if a whole different story (they even pass the pages themselves!)

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 01:15 AM PST

    [Rant] I don't like that so many fans are eager to shell out money for ordinary features that could be easily patched in and I believe this attitude is what makes the The Sims such a frustrating hobby.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 03:36 PM PST

    Please keep in mind that while I titled this post "Rant" my intention is not to attack anyone or to start any type of argument. Please keep this thread civil.

    I'm a long time fan of The Sims franchise. Being a child, I never had a problem with paying for expansion packs or store items because 1. I didn't understand the value of money and 2. I wasn't paying for it, my parents or brother were. It wasn't until I bought The Sims 4 that I started buying DLCs with my own money and I started to realize how ridiculous EAxis' DLC model is. I understand now that features such as weather cycles, new hobbies, active jobs, and small pets like birds and rodents didn't need to be split up into separate packs. This especially became clear to me once I played other games and saw that not many $60 games have a DLC library that exceeds $70* at most and a single DLC pack usually doesn't come close to the $60 price tag of the main game. In the early iterations of The Sims, having multiple modular packs made sense because there was only so much content developers could add into the base game without it imploding. However, it's 2020; a modern Sims base game can handle basic weather patterns and active careers. Hell, if The Sims 4 wasn't created from the remains of a botched online game engine then it's base game should have been able to handle seasons in 2015.

    I don't understand why so many simmers are okay EAxis' DLC model. Most monetized stuff packs and game packs, IMO, do not make sense. If it were any other publisher, new venues and packs such as Generations, Parenthood, Perfect Patio Stuff, Town Life Stuff, Laundry, Freetime etc. would just be patched into the base game. Why? Because paying extra money to add miscellaneous items into your game or paying $20-$30 to give your sims the ability to ground their child is ridiculous and greedy. For anyone reading this who plays Minecraft: imagine if Mojang released the Aquatic update, Village and Pillage, Nether update, and the upcoming Caves and Cliffs update as separate DLCs all costing $30 each. Players would be furious, but for The Sims franchise, buying multiple DLCs to fix hollow and dull gameplay is seen as okay when it shouldn't be. Of course, not every simmer shares this sentiment but usually when people express any dissatisfaction it's usually met with the rebuttals, "Well, EA has to make money somehow!" and, "Be grateful because EA doesn't need to give us new content". There are plenty of games that generate huge profits without resorting to an exploitative DLC model and no customer is obligated to be grateful for a product when they feel that they are being cheated.

    Everyone is allowed to have their opinion and I'm not trying to shame anyone for their spending choices, but I really don't understand why anyone would want pay more money for items and features that would perfectly fit into the base game. I also don't understand why anyone would want to pay for the same DLC over and over again. I don't get any enjoyment waiting for the University pack or the Career-oriented pack.

    I'm fine with paying extra money to add new worlds and supernatural elements into my game but I'm NOT okay with paying extra money to have something like playable careers added into my game. Remember, The Sims is a LIFE simulator. I shouldn't need to rely on paid DLCs to have my sims live ordinary lives.

    I don't have any high hopes for future iterations for The Sims because the amount of simmers that are comfortable with paying $10-$40 for unnecessary packs is too vast for EAxis to even consider upgrading their DLC model. I don't think we'll ever see weather or in-depth careers and businesses in the base game, and that makes me really sad. Nevertheless, I'm still going to continue to abstain from buying any packs. I just hope that enough of the player base would be willing to do the same.

    *I used Borderlands 2 for reference as they have a large DLC library; the most expensive DLC is just $14.99 while the cheapest $2.99. Compare that to The Sims 4 where the most expensive DLC is $39.99 and the cheapest is $9.99

    submitted by /u/Lost_Percentage
    [link] [comments]

    "When I grow up I will have a tail too!"

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 05:30 PM PST

    my sim not giving two shits about gravity

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 04:05 AM PST

    My Sim has a Romantic Interest in her cousin? No mods or CC. Can anyone explain this?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 03:49 PM PST

    It will always be this with Cassandra.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 02:25 AM PST

    Letting Other Interests Bleed into your Sims Game - For Worldbuilding or Something

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 06:38 PM PST

    Loving the white and cyan combo!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 10:07 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment