• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020

    The Sims The Sims 4 Nifty Knitting is here! Megathread

    The Sims The Sims 4 Nifty Knitting is here! Megathread


    The Sims 4 Nifty Knitting is here! Megathread

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    Hi Simmers!

    The Sims 4 Nifty Knitting is now available! More information can be found on the EA website.

    Share your experiences and thoughts on this stuff pack here!

    submitted by /u/roseetgris
    [link] [comments]

    Just my thoughts about franchise

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    Ideal Sims Game? Not my photo but I would love to hear what you guys wanna see in the next game!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    This is either going to be on r/agedlikewine or r/agedlikemilk whenever sims 5 rolls on through, mark my words.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    Just smile and nod

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    I was today years old when I discovered that the space under roofs could be used to make an attic.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    Attempted to build a Japanese suburban home :3

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    I gave Nancy a sister.. Meet Karen Landgraab!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    After years of playing, I just learned Witch sims can create a portal to “Narnia”!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    Tried my first 32 tile tiny home!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    "Teach to knit" is either glitched, or extremely overpowered

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 06:33 PM PDT

    I mean... pretty much

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:12 AM PDT

    Glamour Life anyone?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    After Nifty Knitting, I personally hope we don't do any more community voted Stuff Packs

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    I don't know about you guys, but Laundry Day is probably my favourite Stuff Pack for TS4, which, to be fair, is kind of like being the tallest dwarf. But personally, I feel like Nifty Knitting has shown a lot of flaws in the current system of community voted Stuff Packs, and kind of makes me... not want another one?

    I myself voted for knitting, so I don't have any complaints about that. I would've voted for Happy Haunts, but knowing that we'd only be getting one gameplay feature, I'd much prefer they shelf that for a Game Pack or Expansion Pack, a la Eco Lifestyle.

    However, I feel that (and correct me if I'm wildly mistaken) a lot of the people that voted for knitting in the first place did so because they wanted a pack more focused on elders, who have an abysmal amount of content in the game. I think that the Sims team were onboard with this idea too - between one of the potential art styles for the pack being Granny Chic, a fair amount of the clothes presented for all three themes being elder centric, rocking chairs being added despite not being part of the original vote and also having elder specific gameplay, and the Kitty Forman hairstyle, it feels like they clearly wanted to make content for elders with this pack too.

    However, with the way the community voted, we ended up with Pinterest Mom-esque furniture in varying flavours of pastel and more cuffed jeans and crop tops to add to the big ol' pile of them that we already have. As such, I feel like the pack has ended up not really having a unified theme, with the content that the community voted on following this Pinterest-Mom theme, and the content that we didn't vote on being more elder focused. On top of that, I also feel that because a lot of the items we were given to vote from in the furniture vote were craft-themed clutter items, we ended up with a lot more clutter than actual furniture, which leaves us with very few items that can be used outside of a crafting room, which is unfortunate. There are also very few toned down, neutral swatches for these items, which is something that can go a long way for versatility.

    I feel like, given the creative freedom that not following the community vote would've given them, the Sims team could've given us something on the same level of Laundry Day with this pack, but instead we got an amalgamation of what the community voted on and what the Sims team wanted to do with the pack. I dunno, I'm just kind of rambling here at this point. I really wanted an elders themed pack with clothes for my generic grannies and grandpas lmao.

    submitted by /u/holysweaters
    [link] [comments]

    A little detail I miss from TS2 - Groceries.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    Seriously, I was playing TS3 a bit more recently and this thought came to my mind.

    Groceries were such a small yet great part of the Sims 2. Being able to stock up your fridge and the possibility of running out of stuff.

    I remember with my main family many years ago, on a weekend, the father of the family left for work so the mother took her son's to the grocery store. It was such a small event yet it just oozed charm. The boys played in the playground while the mom went in to stock up her basket where she bumped into a coworker and chatted for a bit.

    Not a rabbit hole but an actual grocery store, not picking up something specific but just... groceries, in general. It became part of the weekly routine.

    I switched to the Sims 3 because then others would age alongside my current family and the whole "go anywhere" part of it (in that very family those boys grew up, went to university married their townie sweethearts, I focussed on one until he grew old and died of old age... by then his parents were younger than him which wasnt very immersive)

    Anyway, does anyone else miss this kinda little detail?

    submitted by /u/RedderBarron
    [link] [comments]

    A weird game feature I’d like to have

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    I think it would be really cool if they added a shoe rack or updated the two already in game so that when you click it you have the option to take your shoes off when you get in the house. It would make it seem way more homey in game if my sims weren't running around in their boots in their living room :P

    submitted by /u/EmilooSkidoo
    [link] [comments]

    Vlad are you okay?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    Sims 4 fire in toilet bug IRL

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    I created a Bestfriends Tiny Apartment for my Sims Jamie and Claire in San Myshuno! �� (no cc, playtested)

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    A quick stop motion of building an attic apartment

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    Trying my hand at recreating fictional characters in TS4. First up is Captain Levi Ackerman of the Attack on Titan series!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    I made them, they hugged, woohoo'd, and he died. Shortest lifespan I've seen. And I actually loved them quite a lot. :(

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    Does anyone else really love TS4 over all the others?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    My first experience with the sims was playing TS3 on my friend's Wii. It was pretty fun and I ended up getting it myself and playing it for years as a kid. Later on I found TS2 double deluxe for pc at a value village and played it obsessively for years. I always saw videos about TS4 and thought it looked so much better, and eventually got it and the cats and dogs expansion as a birthday present when I was 16.

    Literally no going back for me. Building is so easy, moving the camera around is better, CAS is awesome and not laggy, the clothes are better, there's more to do, the graphics are great, and I can get more into the storyline. I also love the gallery feature and (unpopular opinion) I'm a big fan of the extra content. Cats and dogs is my all time favourite, next to seasons. But all of them add something different and new that I have a lot of fun playing around with.

    I tried playing TS2 again once I got it working on my laptop, but I only played for about 20 min before I got bored. The graphics are so bad it's not even funny, and everything feels dark no matter how many lights you put in. It just feels less accessible to me.

    Anyone else feel the same way?

    submitted by /u/ifearbears
    [link] [comments]

    not my sim being more successful than me...bachelors in biology w honors ��

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    Aaand the baby is on fire again

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment